Monday, July 7, 2008

Eggplant Anyone?

Eggplant has always been one of those weird, indecisive veggies. To me, it's like caviar. You don't like it really, but you eat it because it makes you look wealthy and like you have exquisite taste.

My neighbor brought a eggplant dish to the neighborhood bbq on the Fourth of July. It was pretty good.

Sliced into rounds, she covered them in a mixture of 1/2 cup of cornmeal, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp oregano and some salt, and then fried them until golden brown on each side. Strange texture but tasty. And, you get the added bonus of knowing you are eating veggies...or eggplant for that matter.

You can also do this with zucchini. I can't wait until my garden in ready this fall. I plan on trying and creating new recipes. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: