Monday, August 25, 2008

The best feel-good, yummy recipe ever!

I received a load of zucchini from a friend's garden and I had no idea what to do with it. I just accepted it with a smile and a thank you to be nice (sorry Anna). However, I did some online research to decide what to do with it, so it wouldn't go to waste. I discovered Zucchini Boats. Holy buckets are they delicious AND you feel so good for eating something healthy.


This is what you do:
• 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
• spoon out the guts and put aside
• blot out as much liquid from the guts as possible with a paper towel
• put the zucchini, open side down on a baking sheet in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes
• while that is baking, put two tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet and saute the guts for 5 minutes, then add half a jar of Prego sauce and mix well, then add two pieces of bread, ripped into pieces
• line the zucchini boats with shredded mozerella, add the mixture, top with a little more cheese and bake for 25 minutes longer or until they are tender (poke with a fork)

You can add onions and peppers and all that other stuff, but for a plain jane like me, I loved it. I can safely say that I prefer this to any other pizza out there.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'll have to try these. they look good

SimplyGlam said...

Oooh, those look really good and easy to make!