Monday, August 18, 2008

New Arrival

My best friend had a baby girl this weekend. She is adorable. Rough labor, I guess she was turned sideways and was causing her to have back labor. Anyway, she pushed her out and little Bria is now here.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for some more revelations in the dieting/weight loss/fat burning world from Shannon as she battles her bulge for us every Tuesday.

Now that Bria is born, maybe Shannon could share a couple tips that she's learned with my friend.

I've heard that breastfeeding is a real help. Any other thoughts in general on raising new babies and losing weight? I told my friend to just take it easy for a couple weeks. "You just had a baby for pete's sake!" is what I actually said to her. It's too bad that we are all warped by celebrities in magazines who drop the weight in less than five days and have killer bods post-baby. We forget that these people can afford the best trainers and food police who tell them what they can and can't eat. Plus, they have nannies who take the kids so they can work out alone. Now that's a concept.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that you need to sleep when your baby sleeps. Not getting enough sleep isn't good for weight loss.

Andrea said...

Breastfeeding really helps with weightloss in my opinion. You don' tneed to start worrying about loosing weight right after though, especially if you're breastfeeding as you will loose your milk supply. Eat and be happy - you just had a baby is right!!!!!!! Yes, rest as often as you can - hard when you have more than one baby. Congratulations to your friend and the new life!!! My son was sideways - long pushing, but worth it in the end. =)