Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Tummy Time!




Shannon: I discovered this week that bran muffins are actually bad for me. Lots of calories. I thought the action in the bathroom was making up for however bad I thought they were, but I didn't actually realize how terrible they were. I should have since I made them and they have buttermilk and sugar in them. Over it. We even went camping this weekend and I did very well not stuffing my face with garbage. I easily stayed within my portion limits and I think it is paying off. Just look at the measurements below.

Measurements:
Around belly button: 31" (-.5 from last time, overall -1")
Around bulge: 35" (-1 from last time, overall -2")
Weight: 146 lbs (-3 from last time, overall-4)

Although the pictures don't look like it, I do feel it. I am still focused on my goal. More veggies are ripening in the garden and I am taking full advantage. I tried the zucchini recipe and loved it. I am even noticing that my stomach does have a limit. I am feeling fuller with less food. It's exciting. In the beginning, I guess I thought I would be dramatically changed within a month, but now I know it takes time and commitment and I am anticipating each week to see if I can survive the challenge. I still go back to one great comment from Andrea (Momma in Flip Flops2!) about asking yourself when you are about to eat something: "Do I NEED this, or do I just want it?"

Thanks everyone. I love the support each week.

See you next week.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad you are doing great & my little comment helps!!! I tell myself that all the time and you are making me motivated.